Monday, May 08, 2006

321....contact

I was driving home with the top down on the Miata. Enjoying the drive when something flew into my eye.....

I wear hard contacts and anything in my eye, other than my contact, feels like gravel or a needle piercing my cornia.

Fortunately, the light I was approaching turned red and I was able to remove the contact. The light changed before I could get it back in my eye, so I kept it where I placed it to clean it off. OK, I know it's not the most sanitary thing to do, but my mouth is the only option besides holding it between my fingers, and it's hard to shift that way. Anyway, as luck would have it, the lights were green all the way home and I had to keep the contact on the end of my tongue, concentrating on not swallowing for what seemed like an eternity.

Lasik surgery is sounding better every day.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I laughed out loud as I imagined you focusing NOT to swallow your contact all the way home!
Sis, you are something else.
(that's the kind way to say you are probably as crazy as I am).
:)

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Miriam said...

I'll take that as a compliment because I absolutely love you the way you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home